Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Baking



It's Christmas Eve and I spent all of the eve of Christmas Eve getting my baking done to bring to family today (and yes I did in fact jam out to Frank Sinatra's Christmas album as I baked)! It was a lot of work, but so much fun. I feel that the holidays are the best excuse for getting carried away with over the top treats :)

This year I made Christmas tree brownies, white chocolate dipped pretzel rods sprinkled with different things, Andes mint cookies, and peanut butter loss cookies.


Above are my Christmas tree brownies & pretzels


For my pretzel rods I used Ghiradelli white chocolate melted over the stove top. Then I coated each with either sprinkles, crushed candy cane, M&Ms, or coconut flakes! Yumm! It's my first time attempting these and I'm very pleased with them.


Above are my personal favorite; the Andes mint cookies. I used Devils food cake mix to make the cookies then placed an Andes mint on top when they were fresh out of the oven, swirled it around, and here's the delicious outcome! I put some sprinkles on as well, but as you can see...it didn't really work out. 


I made my usual brownies then cut them into little triangles. I just used some green icing and red M&Ms to decorate. I attempted candy cane tree trunks, but I figured people probably wouldn't eat them anyways and they were a pain to break and shove into the brownie so I gave up lol!


Hope everyone has a very blessed holiday in whatever you celebrate. I'm off to watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas, my favorite! 
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment