Tuesday, November 11, 2014

3 Ways to be a Better Student

1) Manage Your Time
Nothing makes life more difficult than having 5 assignments due tomorrow morning and you have to work an 8 hour shift until 10:00pm tonight. There are a couple different ways to manage your time better.
  • Plan your day out, scheduling homework as the first task to be finished before doing anything else
  • Plan your week out, scheduling an assignment for each day & stick to it!
 2) Get a Planner
Planners save my life. They actually aid me in accomplishing better time management. I write everything down in my planner and mark something off once I have accomplished it. It helps me to take on a big paper little bits at a time and to make sure I don't get overloaded with assignments the night before they're due. Here's a little picture of my planner:



3) Take Time Off
Don't be afraid to take a day off to just relax. I personally get anxiety over having homework that isn't done that I know is going to take me a long time, so sometimes I can't relax until I finish it. Other days, I know that I need to just relax before I lose my mind so I sit my butt on the couch and watch Netflix, bake something, clean my house, or do some shopping to ease my mind and reward myself. Treating yourself to a day off (even when you think you shouldn't) is really important! Last month when I felt like I hadn't had a day off in ages, I took a day to go anywhere I wanted (Target, Michaels, Fred Meyer, etc) and didn't hurry myself at all. Then I went home and put some cute little decorations in my home that I bought for 70% off. It was a really great feeling.
 


These tips aren't only applicable for students, but really for anyone that is busy! Don't forget that the hard work will pay off one day friend! What are some things you do to help you be a better student/parent/friend/employee?

No comments:

Post a Comment