Monday, February 23, 2015

Most Beautiful Coastal Getaway

It's Monday morning now and to kick off a week of paper-writing, note-taking, test-passing, and butt-kicking I want to recap my amazing weekend on the coast! My guy surprised me with an amazing trip to Cannon Beach, Oregon to celebrate my birthday together. The hotel we stayed at is called the Stephanie Inn and it was the nicest hotel I've ever been to!

When we arrived the bellhop brought in our bags (fancy right?!) and gave us a tour of the place. There were balloons and a card on the bed when we arrived as well as two cupcakes with a candle and a cupcake shaped bath fizz. So sweet! The bellhop told us that there were 300 complimentary movies for us to choose from and if we wanted popcorn, just give them a ring because they love delivering it. It was the best service I had ever experienced.

 

 


Our back door looked right out on to the beach. We enjoyed much of our day and evening sitting out in the sun, listening to the waves, and sipping our wine.


There were a couple different little fun events that the hotel did. Every afternoon before dinner they did a free tasting of local wine, beer, and cheese. It was so good. After dinner they had another tasting of some dessert wines and actual desserts. These were definitely little perks that made our trip that much better. 




If you've ever been to or heard of Cannon Beach then you are probably familiar with the monumental  Haystack Rock. Our room had a beautiful view of it. This was taken right from our room. It was the most beautiful weekend in February to be on the coast.



 We were graced with the most beautiful sunset and got to enjoy our drinks, chat about nothing, and take it in with the salty air. I can't tell you how rejuvenating this trip was for both of us.


The next morning after breakfast we took a walk to Haystack Rock because low tide allowed us to walk right up to it and see the tide pools. It was very cool! 




Every once in a while we just need some time away from all the chaos. Every year since I can remember I have had a huge party and a crazy weekend with all of my closest friends to celebrate my birthday. Now that we live 200 miles from all of our closest friends and family you would think that I would want to keep that going. I'm going to be honest, it's been a rough year for me. I really just wanted to reconnect with myself and my guy for a weekend. It just so happens that this is exactly what the doctor ordered. If you are ever over-whelmed almost to the breaking point, I highly recommend taking a weekend away, preferably to the coast. It's important to take care of yourself mentally and the ocean is the best medicine for that in my opinion. Hope everyone is having a great year so far. 
Blessings.










2 comments: