Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Kitchen DIY


Today I did some DIY kitchen decor/accessories/whatever you want to call them for under $10. I was sick of looking in my pantry and seeing bags of baking stuff thrown every which way. I think these jars are a great way to keep things fresh, organized, and open so that you won't forget you have them, which is probably my biggest problem of all! I buy something and forget I have it because it gets lost in the back of my cupboards. Does this happen to anyone else?


I went to Michael's craft store for all my items. I got the enormous mason jars for just $3 each and the little mason jars were on sale as 2/$3.


There's a variety of different chalkboard labels now available at craft stores. I chose these because I knew I could cut them however I wanted. These are nice because they are stickers so they were very easy to apply onto the jars.



One thing I am going to find once I go back to the craft store is a chalk pen. I guess I'd forgotten how difficult it was to write neatly with a thick piece of chalk. I'll be able to make the labels look much better with the proper chalk.


I used my little jar for brown sugar just because I don't use brown sugar that often. You can see the little jar that is holding my straws is a cute little milk jar. I love it! It was part of the 2/$3 deal so instead of getting two pint mason jars I mixed it with one pint mason and this cutesy little dairy jar. I want to get some prettier Summer designed straws to put in it, but the hearts will do for now. 
Now I realize I need more jars for my almonds, rice, granola, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, & just about everything and anything else I can think of :)

Thanks for having a look!


2 comments: