Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Capitalizing on the Ulta Beauty Sale!


This week I saw that Ulta is having 40% off all NYX, L'Oreal, Physician's Formula & Neutrogena, thanks to Nouveau Cheap for bringing this to my attention!
While I am on that college student budget, I knew this would be a great opportunity to pick up a few things that I've been wanting to get, which would save me money in the long run. I spent a total of $31.42, but only because I had to splurge on a more expensive (& very important) item.

First item was my splurge item! I've have been dying to get some brow products from Anastasia Beverly Hills after hearing great reviews about it. I went with the Brow Wiz, Skinny Brow Pencil in the shade Brunette. This pencil was $21. That's more than I've ever spent on a brow product, but I have very light eyebrows so the investment is worth it to have natural looking brows and not scary painted on brows.




I'm very pleased with my new pencil :) I was afraid it would look streaky and unnatural, but it's very blend-able and smooth. The pen comes with a very good quality brow comb on the other end, which perfects the natural look of the brow.

The next item I purchased was from L'Oreal so it was 40% off today! It's the Magic Lumi Highlighter Pen. It was originally $12.99, but the 40% off brought it down to $7.79 and then I had an Ulta coupon for 20% off one item, which discounted another $1.56 off of the price. Super great deal right?!



I wanted to get it in the "fair" shade, but they were out of stock so I went for the "light" shade in 862. Hopefully it will work just as well. 
It has a nice brush at the end for application. You twist the other end as you hear it click and the product comes out onto the brush. I will be using this for highlighting my "T" zone and such.



My last product is from NYX. It's the Baked Blush in the shade BBL10 "Ladylike". The blush was originally $6.99 and with the 40% off it came up to $4.19.  I tried to get as many angles and lighting as I could so that you could see the true color. I am obsessed with everything about it, including the cute packaging! :)











I am very pleased with the color payoff and pigmentation of this blush. I want a very light blush, but obviously we want our moneys worth.

I am really happy that I took the chance and purchased it. I plan to pair it with my Wet'n'Wild Fergie highlighter duo. I have more about that purchase here if you want to take a look.

Hope you guys enjoyed this little post! 
Did anyone else hit the Ulta sale this week? Does anyone plan to?
I would love to know what you plan to purchase or what you already have at the great Ulta sale :)


1 comment: